Evan Siegel's Mitzvah Project
Shalom, my name is Evan Siegel and my bar-mitzvah is October 24th, 2015.
In the 1970′s, the Israeli government authorized the immigration of thousands of Jews who were living in Ethiopia and experiencing famine, disease and war. (Ethiopia at the time prohibited its citizens from emigrating to Israel.) In 1984, Operation Moses rescued thousands of Ethiopian Jews and brought them to Israel. In 1991, a huge airlift carried 14,500 Jews to Israel in "Operation Solomon." These rescues truly represent Zionism, and demonstrate the purpose for the State of Israel:to provide a home and shelter for Jews around the world. The Ethiopian Aliyah officially finished in 2013, but there are still about 6,000 Ethiopians Jews hoping for permission to make aliyah.
Goal: to reach $1,800.00.
- $36 Can cover lunch for one Limudiah class; Books for two days
- $72 Can cover books for four students for one year
- $180 Can cover a year of field trips and special activities for one class
- $400 Can cover Summer learning day-camp for two students
- $750 Can cover books and supplies for 20 students for one year
- $1,800 Can cover the cost for one child per school year in Limudiah
Evan Siegel's Progress